This position will be part of the accounting department and will report to the Accounting Manager. The Human Resources/Payroll Administrator manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource department, payroll, company policies, procedures and programs. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas in addition to risk management efforts.
- Recruiting/job posting/employee orientation/development
- Assists with performance management and maintains updated job descriptions
- Maintains positive employee relations, employee welfare, safety information
- Process new hires and terminations (I9, Colorado Affirmation, EEOC, ADA)
- Maintain/update company handbook
- Process bi-weekly payroll and completion of reporting requirements
- Affirmative action compliance and applicable reporting
- Assistance and management of all leave of absence FMLA and short term & long term disability
- Maintain drug testing and hearing conservation programs
- Report and manage workers compensation claims
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (updated quarterly)
- Administer open enrollment for health insurance in compliance with Affordable Care Act as well as parent company policy and procedures
- Assists with compensation metrics/comparatives
- Involvement and participation as required in performance evaluations, incentive programs and employee communications
- Performs benefit administration, including but not limited to claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
- Oversee all applicable audits
- Maintenance and retention of personnel files
- Special projects as required
- Coordinate employee appreciation/recognition
- Work with Accounting Manager to acquire certificates of insurance for all lease agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in communications, business administration or human resources required.
- Candidates must be able to maintain confidentiality, be a self-starter and deadline driven, be a good communicator, well organized and have a good understanding of business and employment law, ethical, experience in relationship management is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience a plus
- Previous payroll experience a plus
Depends on experience – negotiable